Monday, March 17, 2014

R.I.P. SCOTT ASHETON: BRASS BAND PLAYS THE STOOGES

Had a request a few months ago for The Ridiculous Trio plays The Stooges album to be re-upped, but the files had gone missing. So big thanks to reader Traitor Vic for sending it our way yesterday - the same day we learned that Stooges drummer Scott Asheton had died.  Tho I'm sure he had nothing to do with that.  (Uh...right, Vic?)

The Stooges Go Polka

I never saw the reunited Stooges. When I saw Iggy live years ago he played lots o' Stooges material and I was satisfied with that, and anyway I'm always dubious about these long-dead bands getting back together. But now I'm kinda regretting it. Hmm...maybe I should see the Sex Pistols next time... 


1 comment:

bill said...

Thankyou!! Love this take on the Stooges music. Thanks to you and Vic for getting it back up. Love to Kathy Asheton and Scott's family.