Monday, August 15, 2011

IDIOTS

*sigh*

Got this email this morning, re: CCC's "Cracked Pepper" mashup album that I posted last week:

Blogger has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright

Act (DMCA), that certain content in your blog is alleged to infringe upon the
copyrights of others. As a result, we have reset the post(s) to "draft" status.
(If we did not do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement,
regardless of its merits...You may edit the post to remove the offending content
and republish, at which point the post in question will be visible to your readers
again.

Blah blah blah, etc. etc. As I wrote in my original post:
You're not gonna find too many mashup albums better than
this 2007 release by the UK's
CCC (aka Chris Shaw) and his helper-pal Ill Chemist. Don't know Mr. Chemist, but
CCC is a true mash-master. This release is a follow-up to his tackling the entire "Revolver" album, and is worth a
listen even for those (like me) who are long tired of hearing any more from those mop-tops from Liverpool.
On a technical level, it's well produced, on-time and in-key even as some tracks juggle as many as 10 songs in
one track. More importantly, imaginative touches abound: how did I never notice that Lennon sw
iped the
melody of "For The Benefit For Mr. Kite" from his earlier "It's Only Love"? Well spotted, sirs.

Weirdly enough, before his mashup career, CCC started the Monkeyman superhero hoax.


And if you want the album (I'M NOT HOSTING IT, NEVER DID) it's easy enough to just search for "mediafire" + "ccc
ill chemist cracked pepper," so I don't know what all this nonsense accomplishes. Sorry, all of your original
comments are gone.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Megacorps waste their money on lawyers to get something off the internet. Sillys, don't they know you can't get the pee out of the pool water once it's in?

Mr Fab said...

"don't they know you can't get the pee out of the pool water once it's in?" - Ha, good one!

Don-O said...

Sooooooo, they don't even tell you WHERE this complaint is coming from? Outside of the 'Megacorps' deal...

Don-O

Mr Fab said...

No, Don-o, they didnt say who complained. I was directed to a site called chillingeffects if I wanted to know that, but when I went on it, i couldn't find anything about this blog.

I'm guessing its the Beatles lawyers. Its all so dumb - CCC released this years ago, i'm not hosting it (mediafire is), Paul McCartney LIKES mashups (he even collaborated and toured with the great mashup dj Freelance Hellraiser), and from a legal standpoint (I work in law by day) this is just bad law - the interpretation and enforcement of Fair Use is completely arbitrary, subject to the greedy whims of the music industry. Aaaaargh! pisses me off, in case you couldn't tell.

Idem said...

Hang in there, dude!

Mr Fab said...

thanks!

myeck said...

Gah! Sorry to hear you got hassled.

I listened to the first two or three tracks of it*, and can't for the life of me figure how anyone would think there was any actual financial reason to stop stuff like that from getting around.

*Beatles mashups mainly make me want to hear the original tracks again. Weird, huh?

Been enjoying your blog for a while now. Thanks for doing it!