Thursday, October 22, 2009

Music BY Maniacs


Since this blog comes up near the top when people search for "David Koresh music," I've been getting comments like: "Does anyone have that "There's a madman living in Waco" song that keeps playing on MSNBC? I swear that's one of the catchiest little hooks I've heard in a long while. I can't get it out of my head! I'm searching all over the web for it."

Anyone?


UPDATE 10/23/09 - Got it! Thanks to Nile for the info. My readers rock.

David Koresh "Mad Man in Waco"

I re-upped the Koresh songs on the original post. Apparently there have been a lot of songs about Koresh: dozens, heck, maybe hundreds, according to an amazing site called Waco Songs. It's an old site with not many working links, but it certainly makes for an interesting shopping list.


.

10 comments:

Nile said...

That song is "Mad Man in Waco" and was written by Vernon Howell aka David Koresh. Good luck finding an mp3....

Mr Fab said...

Thanks to your info, I found it. Thanks!

Greg Bishop said...

I have a Koresh CD. It's pretty terrible, but I'll try and bring it tomorrow night for the show. Looking forward to it!!

Unknown said...

Yeah the link for "mad man in waco" is not the david koresh version. If you can put the real song up there i would love it. Thank you

Mr Fab said...

It's not?! Well then, who the hell is it? It's gotta be him, who else who do something like this?

mattyohe said...

So, I also was intrigued by the MSNBC clip of "Mad man living in Waco", but never felt like the version linked above was what they used.

Turns out, it wasn't.

I ended up finding the clip that MSNBC used about 23 seconds in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcAd4plJZ8

So, it seems that there is a "demo" tape that is out there somewhere, and the file linked in the above blog was his "studio" version.

Admin said...

I have also searched the internet high and low for the acoustic version of this song. I haven't been able to get it out of my head. If anyone finds a full video of this, I'll rip the audio and create a mp3 and post. Let me know if there has been any progress since the original post.

R

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys remember that song! Guess you all have good taste in music like me. When his incident was going on and I heard that song on NBC over and over, I could not get enough. And yes, the acoustic version is the good one! I WANT IT!!!! Also, on the utube link posted above, what is the song after "Madman in Waco" ... that song also kicks some a$$! Admin, I hope you find this song since I have been searching for it sporatically for years!!! Would love to get it and this other one mentioned above.

Anonymous said...

Bump! If anyone can find this magical acoustic version.. itd be great

Anonymous said...

Agreed!! Where is this song Acoustic@!!!!!!