Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST THING...

...I've heard on the internet lately: the latest (Week 119) of


A private recording made in the "...late 1970's of our local zoo's carousel, whose calliope had fallen into dreadful disrepair, making for some wonderfully warbled versions of Moon River, 76 Trombones, The Sound of Music and many others." If there is a circus in Hell, this is the soundtrack. (Of course, coming from me, that's a compliment.) For example, Henry Mancini, like you've never heard him before:

dying carousel: "Moon River"
.

3 comments:

Greg Bishop said...

That tune makes me queasy. In a good way.

I can't find your email and may have to move our radio party back a week. If that's doesn't work for you, we can keep the date.

Mr Fab said...

We can push it back. 's okay.

You can find my email if you click on "View my complete profile" on the right-hand column, but i'll spare you the trouble, it's mail@m-1.us.

Bob said...

Great Moon River!!!!