Tuesday, December 02, 2014

TOILET TIDBITS

Zoogz Toozday returns with some re-up requests: the sick punk/jazz/prog of Zoogz Rifts' "Amputees In Limbo," "Island of Living Puke," and "Torment" are all back on-line. And if that still isn't enough scatological humor for ya, plug your nose and dive into this:

TOILET TIDBITS

courtesy of reader Duke Kola, who sounds like a pretty cool grandpa. He writes: "I made this mix (with a couple of changes) a few years back for my pre-teen grandson. Never fails to bring a few smiles to my face regardless of how many times I listen."

Now this may seem like a somewhat dubious concept for a mix, but if you're gonna sing about such stuff, you've got to have: a) a sense of humor, and b) a lack of inhibitions, both of which are sterling qualities for an artist to possess. Not to mention the fact that you've pretty much thrown all commercial potential and radio play hopes out the window once you've gone down this path, another admirable move. And this is indeed a very entertaining listen, more so than I was expecting. 

I personally would have added the Bonzo Dog Band's "The Strain," but I'm sure we all have our favorites.

-----------------------------------
01. Amsterdam Dog Shit Blues - Mojo Nixon
02. Caca De Vaca - Joe 'King' Carrasco
03. Snake Bit and Can't Shit - Root Boy Slim
04. Constipation Blues - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
05. Somebody Just Poop - Goofy
06. Somebody Farted - Bobby Jimmy
07. Fart - Breetles
08. I Can't Stop Farting - The Queers
09. Old Fart At Play - Captain Beefheart
10. The Phantom Windbreaker - Red Bovine
11. Pissin' In The Wind - Ernie Payne
12. Pissin' On Your Steps - Del the Funky Homosapien
13. Wee Wee - Abner Jay
14. Piss On the Wall - J. Geils Band
15. Urine Your Out - Prehistoric Cavemen
16. The Thing From Uranus - Sloppy Seconds
17. Shit Don't Stink - TMA
18. Shit For Brains - Nervous Eaters
19. Bag of Shit - Sean Price
20. Shit Can Happen - D12
21. Shaving Cream - Byron Lee
22. Disco Defecation - Flash Bouyancy
23. The Slurf Song - Holy Modal Rounders
24. When the Shit Hits the Fan - Circle Jerks
25. Piece of Crap - Neil Young
26. My Shit's Fucked Up - Warren Zevon
27. Why Does It Hurt When I Pee - Pancho and Sancho
28. I Ain't Gonna Piss in No Jar - Mojo Nixon
29. Don't Eat the Yellow Snow - Frank Zappa


Thanks a heap, Duke!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

An extra for you: "Who Farted?" by The Vaughns. I think they're Australian - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAD6Im6jrA

Keep up the good toonz!

Konrad Useo said...

Thanks for the big belly laughs these tunes inspire.
My favorite track was number two! Lol!

Anonymous said...

And what about "I Love You So Much I Can't Shit" by Derek and Clive? Also, I think I'm right in saying that the scatological British comic Viz once released a single by one of its most popular characters, Johnny Fartpants.

Arizona Phossils said...

Hi, I read this blog regularly and am Ernie Payne's son. It's crazy seeing this song on a blog, especially in a mix with the circle jerks, j geils, zappa and mojo nixon among others...anyway, great seeing this pop up on my feed and keep up the crazy good blog you got here. Cheers.
-AP

Bruce the Moose said...

I regards of the Zoogz update.

I just did 3 of them that were not available not that long ago. But then "Island of Living Puke" had been available but "War Zone" was not. Now "War Zone" is available again. Maybe you reupped "War Zone" and thought you had reupped "Island of Living Puke"?

Regardless, thanks for everything.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I attempted a similar concept a few months ago and am amused that you also included "Slurf Song": http://nisa.wikia.com/wiki/J._Lurg%27s_John_Jams

Graham Clayton said...

Derek and Clive - "I Cant' Shit":

http://youtu.be/qzVFhvTI1D4

Graham Clayton said...

Another Australian classic - "Defecate On My Face" by TISM:

http://youtu.be/67xhWRDzmW0

Unknown said...

Though it might be repetitive for some MFM followers, I still miss the inclusion of Styx' "Plexiglass Toilet."

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't include comedy or spoken word tracks...Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Bukowski, Cheech & Chong, Pryor, Blowfly, etc...all have bits about this theme.

Toilet Auger said...

Snake Bit and Can't Shit - Root Boy Slim 04. ... toiletauger.blogspot.com