Thursday, June 04, 2009


Mike Sophia's song
"Cow" was one of my favorite songs from the 2007 edition of the 365 Days Project, a wacky ode to our bovine friends sporting lo-fi Casio-phonic production, ridiculous sound effects, and an irresistible sing-along melody. But who was this cracked genius?

Well, it looks like Los Angeles' Mr. Sophia might be on his way to stardom. A month or so ago, he put up a

MySpace page

featuring a few other songs besides "Cow." None are as wonderfully weird as "Cow" but "I Love You" is now my second-favorite Mike Sophia song due it's catchy tune.

And in a new indie film "Adventures of Power" that's apparently doing quite well on the festival circuit he performs - yes! - a new (if too short) live version of his sure-to-be Oscar winning song:

Sophia's method of handing his demo cd to location film crews he sees around town appears to be working.

Or maybe he just cast love spells on the film crews...


Lambert Lambert said...

What a strange, happy little song! Cows are cool.

agggggnes said...

si, pienso lo mismo es una de las mejores junto a las de ANA MAR√ćA del MAESTRO.

Junk Monkey said...

I love 'Cows'. I've had it on my MP3 player for a couple of years now after finding it on the 356 Day Project. It's one of those songs that just cheers me up every time I hear it.

I thought I was alone - I'm glad I'm not.