Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BUGS AND FRIENDS SING THE BEATLES

For some utterly silly reason, Tim from Radio Clash asked if I had a copy of "Bugs and Friends Sing The Beatles," a collection of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, and other Warner Bros. cartoon characters singing the Fab Four. Why would he think I could possibly own such a ridiculous album? I mean, I do, but that's besides the point! Honestly, I've been meaning to trade it in for something serious. Maybe some Leonard Cohen. That's how serious I am.

Well, since I went to the trouble of pulling out this album and ripping some of the tracks to mp3, I may as well post one. And so, with a scowl, I present this very serious Beatles song, disgracefully obliterated by an Acme truckload of cartoon sound effects.

The Roadrunner: "The Long and Winding Road"

I shall now return to reading Nietzsche. Good day.

10 comments:

DDay said...

Mmm.... yes, indeed also one of my cherished possessions. Had to mailorder these from Rhino to get them into Europe when they came out. I just love Daffy's take on Yesterday as well.

And I suspect you have the Bugs and Friends sing Elvis as well? I know I do!

Mr Fab said...

I actually don't have the Elvis one (hangs head in shame). But if The King gets the same treatment as the Moptops I'm down for that.

DJHDD said...

me 2 I'd like ti hear the Elvis one - I have the Beatles one.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the classic 'The Chipmunks sing The Beatles'...
-b

Unknown said...

Love Me Do! hehehe

Thanks for posting this. I somehow thought you would ;-)

Anonymous said...

I somehow ended up with two copies of this DVD as well. Boy, do my friends know me, or what?

Anonymous said...

Er, um, CD.

Don't you hate when you do that?

Anonymous said...

dont suppose you would post up daffy singing yesterday would you??

Anonymous said...

Please post as requested above, i have been trying to find a download source everywhere and you are the only place i can find. it would be very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

HAHA I loves it! Have you seen Sesame Street's Let It Be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXzoEYICKzk&feature=related